Home IMA Fighter Hall of Fame Martial Arts Qi Gong Video Blog Massage Therapy Fight Training Gallery Links Contact
Self defense is very important these days especailly after 9/11. In all, there are many fighting arts from around the world to be aware of- Brazilian Jujitsu, Taekwondo, Karate, Judo, Boxing, Kung fu, Wrestling, Filipino arts, Thai kickboxing, Street fighting, Sambo, Krav Maga, just to name a few have become widely accepted ways of fight training. It's important to know these arts stylistic distinctions and be able to know the strengths and weakness. Most important in the fighting arts is body conditioning. Weight training, diet, rest, cardio, mechanics are just as important than speed and technique. We have all seen fighters get tired because of low stamina and endurance. To be continued with short clip video
Sample of workout...more in Thai boxing notes
the usual body conditioning hell- running, bear crawls, push ups, judo push
ups, more bear crawls, more running, crunches, chery pickers, v-ups, running
high knees, running butt kicks, karoke running, side stepping inside/outside,
bicycles, reverse bicycles, jump step/back step jabs, jump step
jab-cross-uppercut -cross combo, running more.bunny hops, burpies.
partner: 3 and 3
1. crazy monkey (CM) block jab- return with jab-cross-jab-cross step away and move.
2. CM opponets attack- enter (eye of storm)- clinch knees (4) push- jab cross, right kick.
3. from opponets wide right- clinch into body- behind the neck knees- left and right hook.
100 kicks- front, round, rt. round and then left round, dowble round, switch stance round, round to thigh level, waist level, head level...ect.
2 sets of-
running, bear crawls, t- pushups, push ups, bear crawls backwards, high knees, butt kicks, side running, karokees
AB's- 2 sets of-
cherry pickers, v-ups, ankle grabs, sit ups, crunches, planks
...more running sets ect. add lunges, horse stance dips, bunny hops
circle of death drill
level change drill
upper cuts drill
hook punch drill
forward back punching with jab cross
partner combos- (gloves and shin guards using conditioning kicks and punches on partner)
1. block kick, switch stance kick to inner thigh- cross and hook, rt. kick
2. step back to avoid kick, return with rt. jab kcik, left kick to inner thigh, cross/left chop down (head control) left kick.
a. k-block push opp. kick to outside and return w/ rt. kick
b. k block and push down and kick opp.
c. k block and sweep opponet kick them at backside
4. kick catch- knee opp. leg w.rt. knee, (control opp head/shoulder) throw leg and 2 rt. kick to back of opp. leg
5. kick catch, rt. knee to opp. leg, change catch leg and 360 elbow, throw leg and 2 kicks to opponent.
body conditioning- 3 rounds of...
twist squats- 180 degree horse stanc jumping
hindu push ups
Home News (2-13-09) Martial Arts Qi Gong Video Blog Massage Therapy Fight Training Gallery Links Contact